Friday, March 19, 2010

MYO Birthday Cake?

I am extremely sorry for my lack of posts, but in order to get online I have to squeeze onto my Mum's desktop in the moments that she's not using it - the small timeframe, and sterile-ness of her computer leaves me completely uninspired.

I am still awaiting delivery of my new laptop - which they now tell me is going to be at the end of March (hopefully in time for my birthday).

Image from ThomWatson.

In the meantime answer me this; is it sad to make your own birthday cake? Or completely acceptable? I want to make mine because I love baking!

P.S. If you think it's completely acceptable - what should I make!?

4 comments:

Char said...

not sad if you enjoy doing it :) that's the thing to me. and...i would love a yellow cake with caramel icing

sarah said...

do it! then you get exactly what you want.
i love baking also, so i'll probably make my own cake too when my birthday rolls around in a few weeks.

this is my favourite occasion cake: http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/dessert/recipe-harvest-cake-with-goat-cheese-frosting-064416

Annabelle said...

Thanks for the encouragement girls - I think I will make my own b'day cake! And Sarah I absolutely love the recipe you posted, it's the exact kind of cake I love - wholesome. I think I'm going to make that for my b'day.. promise to take pics and post them!!

Gastronomy Gal said...

definitely acceptable. i would suggest a vanilla bean butter cake! yummo!

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.