Friday, April 23, 2010

The Library of Congress

I really love the Library of Congress' photostream on Flickr. It features great quality images of immigrants first arriving into the U.S. and other ones of the past.

Here's a collection of my favourite:

Soda jerker flipping ice cream into malted milkshakes.



Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Lyman, Polish tobacco farmers near Windsor Locks, Connecticut.


My favourite is Mr and Mrs Lyman, they are just so happy!

Which one is your favourite? What's your favourite Flickr photostream lately?

5 comments:

Char said...

i love them all...but i'm really partial to the jitterbugging

Manda said...

I like your choices... great taste!

stylebyrachael said...

I love looking into the past, what life was like for individuals at that time. I find it inspiring for today.

DC said...

Mr and Mrs Lyman and Markoe. I don't know what an earth he did for a living but it obviously required padding!

katie t said...

i love the jitterbugging photo....

xoxo

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.