Monday, April 12, 2010

Tech-Anxiety Killed the Radio Star

I had university radio prac today and wow was it a whirlwind! My entire body was tense with tech-anxiety.

Image from child of the 50s.

Bloggers, I may have fooled you into believing that I'm all tech-savvy just because I use Twitter and have a blog, but no.

Anything slightly technical; pushing buttons to switch from phone to computer, quickly hanging up the phone, adjusting the recorder on screen - sends me to nervous land. Technology can simply be so unreliable... things have changed since Edward R. Murrow's time.

People on the other hand, I can handle. I enjoy cold calling unknown contacts in search of a good quote.

I have prac for the rest of the week, and going by today I think I'm really going to enjoy it. It felt really rewarding to just start with a story concept in the morning, and have a complete news radio package by lunchtime.

Will keep you posted... what have you all been up to?

What has got you all tense at the moment?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Work is always keeping me busy but outside of work life couldn't be better!

Lew said...

Hey, that's me in the pic! For the record, I didn't understand anything behind those gee-whiz equipment panels either.

Lew (child of the 50s)

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day. Thank you you fabulous blogging specimens!

Copyright Disclaimer:

This blog is a tracking of my ramblings - however sporadic and "un-meaning" my works may be they are still mine (unless otherwise expressed), not yours! No works may be copied from this blog. All works on this blog; writings, photos and recipes must be referenced back to me.